Pilkington’s Royal Lancastrian bowl by Charles Cundall RA
This striking and highly desirable bowl is in perfect order. Charles Cundall RA, worked initially under the guidance of Gordon Forsyth, having joined Pilkington’s in 1907. During this time he developed his own distinctive style. This bowl carries his own design mark and the year cipher for 1910. It is perfectly executed and the lustre has an opalescent finish on the inside with a more standard red finish to the outer bowl. Charles Cundall left the factory in 1914, became an artist, was elected to the Royal Academy in 1937 and became a an official war artist during WWII.